Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Life Is Too Short

The past few days I have come to realize that life is way too short to let something stew.

I have been anxious over a decision I plan to make after Easter. Anxious because it will affect some people I have come to care about, but I still need to make the decision.

I spent the past few days visiting my Dad in the hospital. What we thought was a minor infection that could be treated and healed had turned into a heart issue. Heart issues are big deals. Without the heart....what do you have? It's been torment for me the past couple of days. Holding it together for my dad, for my kids, for my coworkers so I can get work done and not let them down. That's a few too many balls to juggle at once.

Dad is home now, I brought him home yesterday. I realized last night that there is no question in my mind what my decision has to be once Easter is over. Life is too short to be preoccupied with unnecessary things, it's time to focus on the people in my life who matter and who need me.

It's going to be a long week, but in the end, it's going to be the right decision. I know that now.

No comments :