Monday, September 8, 2008

A cleansing

Yesterday, September 7th, my Jacob was baptized. It melts my heart to write about it because to me it is such a special event, and what makes it even more special is it was his decision, without any prodding from Mom and Dad, he made the decision, he talked to us, and we mentioned it to our pastor.

Scott and I had Jacob baptized when he was a baby. That was our decision as parents, that we wanted him baptized in the church, one of the places where we spend much of our time and where we believe our extended family lives.

The unique part of this baptism yesterday was, Jacob was baptized by the same Pastor who baptized him as an infant, yet a different church. So this was my little "Verification from God" that we are in the right place, this is the church home where God sees us making a difference, these are genuine, unique people, who care, who show real compassion and love and who show all of those things to my kids, to Scott and I and to the people around them. This is finally our home.

I'm going to try to post a video later of the actual baptism, I thought it was pretty neat.

No comments :