Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First day of school


Has finally come and I can't be more excited. The summer had it's ups and downs and shuffling the kids back and forth and making sure they were not too bored just got very tiresome. All in all I put some of the blame on the kids, they did NOT want to participate in anything this summer. Jacob could have done two or three soccer camps and Emma had tons of opportunities for girl scout type stuff but they both chose to not do anything.

It feels good to get back in the swing of school, to know that they are both safe in their classroom, that Jacob won't be calling me a million times on my cell, although the I Love You's will be missed every time he says goodbye.

We are beginning our soccer practice tonight with Jacob, it's the last practice before the first game on Saturday, it's not our fault, the coaches never called. Typical disorganization.

The house settlement is probably pushed off a week or so, seems the mortgage folks didn't get the proper paperwork to the right people and now we are stalled until it's reviewed, irks me alot and I lost a bunch of sleep over it last night. I think I'm on my 3rd cup of coffee already just trying to make it through the day.

The one good thing I did for the day was had two meals all ready in the fridge to pop in the oven when we get home from school and work today. Jacob requested meatloaf tonight so he had something to look forward to today. I have never made meatloaf, he experienced it at his Aunt Teri's house, so of course I had to go to Teri to find out how she made it cause I already know I never liked my moms meatloaf. Hope he likes it tonight.

No comments :